How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HiI need a sample letter to write to a magistrate before I

Customer Question

HiI need a sample letter to write to a magistrate before I go to court on Tuesday morning regarding a driving offense I committed. i had orginally lost my license and suspended from driving due to speeding. I have never been under the influence of alcohol or drugs (which i dont take) at the time of my suspensions, I just love driving my car.I have experienced some "low" times in the last couple of years since leaving school ie, a relationship breakup which meant a lot to me and, the seperation and divorce of my much loved parents. I have been diagnoised for having depression. I have a lot of anger inside of me and my only escape and friend is my car. I just get in turn on my music and just drive. One evening I felt so low thats what I did not taking into consideration the consequences of driving while being suspended, I just needed to escape. I was driving a little faster than the speed limit and hit a fence I immediately panicked and ran from the scene I dont know why I did this I just did I was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and this was confirmed when the police caught up with me and breath tested me. I have a great job a an apprentice mechanic and I need my car to get to work. I am guessing that I shall lose my license for a year and get fined for damaging the fence. I know what I did was wrong and I am truly sorry for my actions that evening.I am receiving councilling for my depression and I am just wanting to ask the judge for some leninacy in deciding the term of my suspension.
If you can help me with a letter it would be appreciated. I am 19 years old I live in Perth Western Australia.

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 7 years ago.
Just Answer is not a drafing service unfortunately. We are a question and answer service. As such we cannot assist you in writing a letter to the Magistrate.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok Thanks.
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a question you would like me to answer for you?