Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The freezer on my fridge will not freeze properly. Seem to…

Customer Question
The freezer on my...

The freezer on my fridge will not freeze properly. Seem to be working at half what it should be. The fridge part is working fine

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Fisher & Paykel Model E249T 15 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Being trying to get somebody to look at it but because I live in the country not having much success

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The serial No is RSF143575 and it is a series D other wise not sure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
5/2/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I Would still like an answer
AU Appliance Technician: lm0494,
 replied 2 months ago
lm0494

hi I'm logan I'm here to help. first thing we need to check, is if the fan in running in the freezer. open the door, and hold the door switch down to see if you hear it. if its running that's kind of bad news. you more than likely have a low Freon charge. which means its leaking. often times the cost of these types of repairs can come to or exceed 500 and its best to just replace the fridge.