Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Beko WMY8046LB2 WILL NOT ROTATE THE DRUM MOST TIMES I TRY…

Customer Question
My Beko WMY8046LB2 WILL NOT...
My Beko WMY8046LB2 WILL NOT ROTATE THE DRUM MOST TIMES I TRY TO WASH IT JUSTLETS WATER IN AND AFTER A SIGNIFICANT DELAY PUMPS OUT AND TURNS OFF, SOMETIMES IT WORKS FINE, I HAVE TRIED TURNING OFF AT WALL FO AFEW HOURS BUT THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO ALWAYS FIX.?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/28/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you notice the drum isnt turning on the washer do you see it twitching slightly when it should be turning?

No there is nil movement detectable when it works it wobbles a liitle and goes good
That nil movement when it fails to work
The fisrt cycle i started today was a fail and turned off after 10mins i press the on and start buttons fo 10 seconds and now it is going though a normal cycle. Can you confirm the reset sequence , why would there be no fault codes when it turns off the 240vac is good

Ok when this happens then its usually the control board that causes this. There is a chance the motor could be faulty but these are usually good and dont fail hence Beko giving a 10 year warrenty on the motor.

So the first thing to check if you are looking at doing this yourself is remove the back of the motor and make sure its unplugged.

Then from there you will see the motor at the bottom of the drum.

Check the wiring block going to the motor and give it a push back on just in case its worked loose.

But if the motor wiring is fine then its more then likely the control board im afraid casuing this fault as the only thing involved in getting the motor running is the motor itself, the control board or the wiring.

Not sure how old this is but Beko actually give a 5 year warrenty on these washers so if less then 5 years old then give them a bell and see if they will cover it.

Just dont tell them you have checked the wiring to the motor if you do this as they can be funny about this sometimes.

So check the wiring to the motor first if you can as for it to work sometimes and not others then its a good chance it could be a loose wiring block.

Ok thanks Daniel i will check those thing. Do you happen to know the reset sequence?
Regards Peter

Sorry not sure what you mean by reset sequence.

If you mean a hard reset then im afraid washers dont have anything like this im afraid.