Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Re Ariston Openspace Wall Oven: Error Code F53 comes on for…

Customer Question
Re Ariston Openspace Wall...

Re Ariston Openspace Wall Oven: Error Code F53 comes on for a few seconds (and cooling fan starts up) at random intervals. What causes this and how can I prevent it? It is not causing a problem, just annoying.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

No, I thought it would be quicker to ask an expert

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if not too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The problem seemed to occur mainly in the mornings but now is happening more often (may be temperature related)

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/21/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the problem still exists. I observed today that the error (F53) repeats
every 2 minutes and 6 seconds. It stays up for about 7 seconds during which time the cooling fan operates. It does it at certain times during the day, usually the morning. The oven is not being used at the time. I tried leaving the oven door open, but it did not affect the error.
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The F53 means that the oven temperature sensor circuit has issues. It can be caused by the sensor itself or the main control. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a meter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let's continue via email as the time difference might be a problem.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. Can you test the oven sensor's resistance, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you give me instructions for where I measure the sensor's resistance?

Measure it in two places, one right at the connector at the sensor and then through the wiring harness at the main controller. Does the resistance change drastically or read about the same?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will endeavour to make the measurements (when I can find the time - busy retired life!)
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 29 days ago

Sure! Just reply when you are able, thank you!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I removed the top and back covers but could not identify which points to measure. I found a relevant internet post from Gino D'Agostino: http://www.fixya.com/support/t21773399-ariston_wall_oven_error_code_f53_f03. I do not have the F03 fault coming up. Do you think that replacing the capacitors would solve the problem?
Kelly, Appliance Technician