Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a WMV35NW tOP MOUNT FRIDGE FREEZER. It is just 10…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a WMV35NW tOP MOUNT FRIDGE FREEZER. It is just 10 years old. The light occasionally blinks instead of remaining on. What should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a Whirlpool WMV35NW 350 Lt Top mount fridge freezer. I bought it in 2006.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What else would you like to know?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/19/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Hi Gina:
I would like a response, with expert advice.
With thanks for your intervention.
Regards,
Jane
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is usually caused by a poor contact with the bulb base. With the refrigerator unplugged, remove the bulb and at the base of the socket is a metal tab that contacts the base of the bulb. Bend that metal tab up a little bit to make sure it makes good contact. Does the behavior change?