Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Lg washer wont stop filling when I push start. 12 years

Customer Question
Lg washer wont stop...

Lg washer wont stop filling when I push start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years model wt-h800

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/13/2018
AU Appliance Technician: JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev-,
 replied 4 months ago
JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev-
Hi, I’m Gavin one of the JA experts. I’m looking into your fault now but just wanted to check a couple of things...
Are any error codes displayed?
Has it overfilled and leaked?
Can you hear water draining from the machine as it fills?Many ThanksGavin
Hi Gavin,
I have just tried to run a cycle at low level and it filled the tub to the top till the alarm went off.
the water shut off and 1E showed on the panel.
No water is draining during fill but after it shuts down sounds like water is running and a small leak from the back.
The level does not seem to be dropping. The machine is only about 8 years not 12.
Regards,
Jerry.
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks for checking that for me Jerry. I'll look into it now for you

replied 4 months ago

Ok, the error code you are getting says that the machine is not filling. Obviously that's not the case so that means its not detecting that it is filling. There could be one of a few reasons for this

1) the air is not getting to the pressure sensor so it doesn't know its filling - this could be due to a hole being rubbed in the pressure hose which eould also make sense of your leak it could also just be a blockage either in the hose or where it attaches.

2) The pressure sensor is faulty

3) The control board is faulty

I'd start by checking the pressure hose. I've attached a picture so you know what you're looking for. I've also attached a link to a service manual to help you.

If there's anything else you need please reply and I'll do my best to help you. Please remember to give my help a star rating before you go

Thank You

Gavin

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/688230/Lg-Wt-H800.html?page=54#manual