JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev-
JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev-,
101089104

Lg washer wont stop filling when I push start. 12 years

Customer Question

lg washer wont stop filling when I push start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 12 years model wt-h800
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev- replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I’m Gavin one of the JA experts. I’m looking into your fault now but just wanted to check a couple of things...
Are any error codes displayed?
Has it overfilled and leaked?
Can you hear water draining from the machine as it fills?Many ThanksGavin
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Gavin,
I have just tried to run a cycle at low level and it filled the tub to the top till the alarm went off.
the water shut off and 1E showed on the panel.
No water is draining during fill but after it shuts down sounds like water is running and a small leak from the back.
The level does not seem to be dropping. The machine is only about 8 years not 12.
Regards,
Jerry.

Thanks for checking that for me Jerry. I'll look into it now for you

Ok, the error code you are getting says that the machine is not filling. Obviously that's not the case so that means its not detecting that it is filling. There could be one of a few reasons for this

1) the air is not getting to the pressure sensor so it doesn't know its filling - this could be due to a hole being rubbed in the pressure hose which eould also make sense of your leak it could also just be a blockage either in the hose or where it attaches.

2) The pressure sensor is faulty

3) The control board is faulty

I'd start by checking the pressure hose. I've attached a picture so you know what you're looking for. I've also attached a link to a service manual to help you.

If there's anything else you need please reply and I'll do my best to help you. Please remember to give my help a star rating before you go

Thank You

Gavin

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/688230/Lg-Wt-H800.html?page=54#manual

Pressure sensor and hose