Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The backlight on the LCD control panel for my Blanco BFW712…

Customer Question
The backlight on the...

The backlight on the LCD control panel for my Blanco BFW712 washing machine has ceased to work. The machine is still working OK and the LCD panel is still (barely) readable. Which part number would need to be repalced please and what is the cost of that part. I have had a look at the panel and it has the following numbers on it(###) ###-####on one bar code and (###) ###-#### 0208 2 on another label together with (###) ###-#### and EL3289_56 it looks like a date of 27.07.07 as well.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Recent problem just pulled the front panel off to check part numbers etc

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Iof its a simple module swap yes. The machine is owned by a charity

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of. As I say the machine seems to be working ok in all other respects just the panel is very hard to read

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Please give me one moment while I pull up your parts lists please.

so​ I have searched all over and sadly the part you are seeking is no longer available. Unless you can find it on ebay you may not be able to repair this unit. You can call around to local appliance shops and see if they have the part available. Other then that due to the age the whole unit would need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.