Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our Bosch LPG Gas Cooktop is burning well, but the heat

Our Bosch LPG Gas...

Our Bosch LPG Gas Cooktop is burning well, but the heat comes out not enough. The heat tends to spread but does not heat the pan but the handle gets heated up.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about one year old, I am not sure about the model. I can find out.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I tried calling a plumber but they said we have to go to Bosch.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The model is PCR7A5B90A,

Answered in 1 day by:
2/27/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi GinaI have not received any answer from anybody yet. Can you please chase.Thanks
Hello:
I'm having a hard time finding an Expert to assist you with your Bosch issue. I haven't given up, though :)
Thank you for your continued patience.
Gina
GinaThank you for your effort but how long is it going to take finding a person?
Hello:
I wish I could give you a specific answer to that question. It truly depends on the Experts and who is online that has knowledge on your issue. :) Would you like to continue to wait?
Thanks for your continued patience!
Gina
I need to resolve this.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It sounds like an air flow issue that is causing the flame to lift from the burner and drift. Is the flame blue and clean when burning without a pan and does it change when the pan is set on the grate?

The flame is generally blue but at times slightly yellow. Colour of the flame does not change when the pan is on the crate but the flame spread more than it used to be and heats up the surrounding more than the pan. The flame also behaving like in a windy situation.
Better you call so that I could explain more. I tend to agree with your opinion.

Is the flame lifting off the burner base?

I am not able to call, I am in the US and the phone system does not support international calls. Those offers generate automatically and I have no control over them.

What is going on. Am I going to get some help or not. I require somebody locally to repair my cooker.
Thanks

Oh, I thought you were going to repair it yourself, that is the type of help we offer. We don't provide in home service.

OK. What you think is the problem. Can you please let me know.

Sure! I just need to know if the flame is actually lifting off the burner or just seems to be spreading out?

Just seems to be spreading out. Not lifting off. It's blowing off as it is disturbed by wind or fan.

Okay, and is it the same on all burners or just the large one and has it been converted to run on LP?

All burners, but larger ones are more affected. Yes it was converted to run on LPG.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

See page 37 of the service manual at the link below. I suspect the burner taps just need to be adjusted.

CLICK HERE

Thanks. I will try.You are good!

Sounds good, keep me posted. Thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician