Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

Do you need to access the back of the oven to change a

Do you need to...

Do you need to access the back of the oven to change a forced fan element in a SA708X-5

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a SMEG SA708X-5. About nine years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is straightforward

Answered in 1 day by:
1/18/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Continue
Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Michelle-Moderator
Dino
Dino, service engineer

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. As to removing the element on these it could be either way, Either inside the oven or round the back. It depends on which type of element they use at the time as they like to use both types.

Anyway you need to empty the oven and remove the back panel in there.

From there you can see the element around the fan. Look at the bracket and see if theres screws on there. If so then you can remove the element from in there.

But if there isn't screws on the inside then you need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel

From there a the back you will see the wires going to the fan element. Like either side there and you will see either 2 screws or 7mm nut. Remove these then go round the front to the inside of the oven and you can remove the element from there and swap it over.

Check that out and see what you find from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I will check it out

No worries, Im sure you can sort it from there either way.

Dino
Dino, service engineer
Dino
Dino
Dino, service engineer