Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Fixher and Paykel fridge Ice and Water freezer. It…

Customer Question
I have a Fixher...

I have a Fixher and Paykel fridge Ice and Water freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is making a noise when opening the doors and has error on the screen F20. What would this mean? It is about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

JUst would like to know what the error F20 means

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
1/5/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

F20 error code is a fault on the flapper heater. Now this is usually just a broken wire that causes this.

If you look at the top of the left hand door you need to remove the hinge cover.

Under there is the wiring block for the flapper heater. You need to check the wires in there and see if any are broken.

If so then you need to repair the wiring in there.

Check that and see what you find from there. As im sure you will find thats the fault here.