Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Dishwasher model SMS50E22AU/07 is leaking fluid from under…

Customer Question
Hi Peter, Dishwasher model...

Hi Peter, Dishwasher model SMS50E22AU/07 is leaking fluid from under the front door. Liquid is similar to Dishwasher Finish (sticky) and I am wondering if this is where the problem is? Regards, Fred

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch SMS50E22AU/07. How do you run a diagnostic test cycle ?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am 80 yrs old so doing it myself is not on unless it is very simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pearl, I don't think I can add anything else at this time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
1/1/2018
AU Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

That is a common problem and one that will require completely disassembling the door to replace the dispenser. I would not delay in having it repaired as that liquid, when it gets on the wiring, will turn the wire insulation into a mushy mess and it will force the wiring harness to be replaced. I would have it repaired right away or the problem will be compounded and will be much more expensive!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!