Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Omega 66-1 oven, which make a loud fan noise at all…

Customer Question
I have a Omega...

I have a Omega 66-1 oven, which make a loud fan noise at all times. We turn it off at the switchboard when not using it. What could be wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Omega 66-1 Age - possibly 16 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can this be fixed with in a reasonable cost

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Home Guru, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The fan likely has a bad bearing on it and may start to vibrate and get very loud. The issue is they do not make a lot of parts for that and I am showing the fan to be obsolete, so I wouyld say either just deal with it or start looking for a new unit. Sorry for the bad news.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!