Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Miele washing machine W3831 and have been told that…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have a Miele washing machine W3831 and have been told that I need to purchase a whole inlet hose unit costing nearly $400 to replace a small filter inside the unit. The small filter is accessible, and I take it out to clean periodically. Are you aware of anywhere where I may purchase the filter itself rather than going to the cost to replace the whole unit, when there is nothing wrong with the unit itself?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

It is actually the unit filter that I am wanting to replace. The filter is within the inlet hose unit, and I was told I had to purchase the whole unit, just to replace the filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, it's a no brainer and removing and cleaning the filter is part of the maintenance instructions for the machine, so replacing the filter does not require a technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just where I can source a filter without having to purchase an expensive unit that does not require replacement.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
12/15/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Home Guru, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you mean this screen..part #2...CLICK HERE

that is the part I need.

Just order one here....CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!