Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My washine machine says ld and wont work. A few days. Thats…

Customer Question
Hi my washine machine...

Hi my washine machine says ld and wont work

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
12/11/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Scott-Appliance,
 replied 7 months ago
Scott-Appliance

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The LD error means the main control has reported that the washer is taking too long to drain : LONG DRAIN. When the washer takes to long to drain the control shuts down the washer and reports that error. You did not say what model washer it is therefore I can't be specific as to what to do, but check all the obvious stuff that would keep it from draining fast enough, clogged drain hose, clogged tub to pump hose, trash in the drain pump, trash in the drain pump coin trap etc; If everything looks ok and you find no obvious blockage anywhere replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.