Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My 18yr old 40lt fridge has for months been cooling to 4c…

Customer Question
My 18yr old 40lt...

My 18yr old 40lt fridge has for months been cooling to 4c but now on that setting cools to 1c. I have the fridge turned to nearly off and it is cooling to 2.4c. Any thoughts on what may be the cause. Thanks Tom

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The variance started about three days ago. The fridge has been in continual use past ten months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Happy to have it repaired by a service agent somewhere but just trying to get an idea on what the problem may be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Fridge only ever used as a fridge, not freezer. Tested freezer ability by dialing up the setting and that worked fine. Just that it seems to want to run continually and will not stay at 4c as I explained. Currently setting is just above Cool and running at 2.4c

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
12/8/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the make and model number please.

40litre Engel Fridge Freezer. Not sure of model number. It is about 18 years old
I wish to cancel the question as I do not believe we will resolve the problem online. I am prepared to forfeit the $5 initial charge but I am not prepared to accept any further billing. Thank you

Ok im afraid i dont have any info at all on these so i will have to opt out of this.

If anyone else can help they will jump in

Please be advised that I DO NOT wish to continue this process. Please DO NOT refer me to another technician. Please DO NOT bill me other than the $5 initial charge. Thank you