Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Westinghouse refrigerator/ freezer rj532s-r frost free…

Customer Question
Hi, My Westinghouse refrigerator/...

Hi, My Westinghouse refrigerator/ freezer rj532s-r frost free running continuously and door surround is hot ie heated. door seals in good condition, doors closing well, condenser under fridge clean. Is the auto defrost not turning off? Mike.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Probably a couple of days. Frozen stuff near door started to defrost. Fridge not cold enough.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Perhaps.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Any questions?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
12/4/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Here are two possible things to look for to determine where the heat is coming from. First, there should be a fan in the back near the compressor that pushes the heat from the condenser out into the room. Make sure it is running. If that is running it would be the defrost heater staying on while the refrigerator runs. You can check at the back bottom inside the freezer to see if that area get hot every now and then. It would cycle off when it gets too hot and then start to try to cool again for a while. Let me know what you find.