Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a indesit gas electric oven and when cooking cakes I…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a indesit gas electric oven and when cooking cakes I use a thermometer in the oven . There is about a 20 deg. Variation is there any accurate way of testing the oven temp.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an indesit about 5 years old. It has a fan forced oven and 4 gas rings n top.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cannot find the manual at the moment . Is there any reliable test equipment to check out the variation in readings.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 4 days by:
12/4/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

i am

Thank you! The most accurate way of testing the oven temperature is to place a non digital type oven thermometer (just a standard style, steel wound) in the center of the oven. Then, turn the oven on for 30 minutes and compare to what you set to what the thermometer reads. Do not even look at the thermometer for 30 minutes because the first 30 minutes is a period of "cavity conditioning" and will throw you off with the strange temperatures you may see.

Thank you will give it a go

You are very welcome, thank you!