Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Water leaking from inside fridge, it's accumulated in the…

Customer Question
Water leaking from inside...

Water leaking from inside fridge, it's accumulated in the drip pan at the back & overflowed, how do I unblock the tray. Thank you for your quick response. Lyn

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's a Kelvin At Or Cyclic CAN 20 years old I think it's buggered but other half reckons it's a blockage,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry, that should read CFC Cyclic free

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, it has happened since I defrosted it about a month ago, the team fills up then overflows, I've fallen over twice when I d u don't see the wzter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
11/23/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Home Guru, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

I have already sent a request, I was told that for $5 I would get an answer, but $39 was deducted from my PayPal account. Would you please refund my payment, we have consumer protection laws in Australia, this as far as I can tell was a scam, I await your reponse

Ok no problem at all can you please send my answer back to me?

I am in Australia, my mobile is(###) ###-####but you can email me on***@******.***. All I want is my money refunded, I was expecting to Pay $5 not $39, can you please xplain

Take care.

That is not what I asked you. I'm concerned about the extra $34 I've been charged. Your site clearly said $5 & I want a refund please