Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When I bought my WAY32840AU I was told not to use fabric…

When I bought my...

When I bought my WAY32840AU I was told not to use fabric softener in it. Is that true and what alternatives do I have?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Oh, several years now. I never started to use fabric softener but feel that the machine is set up to use softener and I would like to make use of that.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't understand. Yes, I do all my machine washing myself, if that is what you mean.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Bosch Home Professional with the ident WAY32840AU. I think it is probably some 4 or 5 years old now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Again I don't really understand. My problem originated when I bought the machine and was told, at that time that it didn't handle softener very well, getting blocked up from time to time. On the basis of this advice, I never tried softener in the separate compartment designed for it but I would very much like to use softener in with my washings. Was the information I was given correct or wrong?

11/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

To be honest the advice you was given is wrong as this is an I dose washer so it puts the amount of softner in itself during the wash.

All you need to do is fill the softner section up which is the middle section in the drawer.

Open it up and pore about 1/2 a liter in there max and then the washer will sort the softner into the washer when it needs to.

I dont know why they told you not to use softner as all washers can take softner without problems.

So use softner in there and you will be fine.

Thanks Daniel. I suspected that was the case but felt it was easier just to go along with the advice. I will certainly start to use softener/conditioner regularly and feel a bit silly that I didn't get round to questioning the advice sooner. Thanks again, Jim

Your very welcome Jim

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician