Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Got a bosch wa28461au washing machine with child lock symbol…

Customer Question
Hi pearl. got a...

Hi pearl. got a bosch wa28461au washing machine with child lock symbol stuck on. usual is to press and hold the key button but nothing happens. cannot get the key symbol to disappear. been through manual etc but nothing will get rid of it. machine just beeps whenever i try and put on a new cycle. can you assist?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just happened yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
11/18/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Home Guru, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Well you may have a bad board, but lets try one last thing before you need a new board or a new unit. SHut the power off to the unit at the breaker or unplug it for one full minute. Plug it back in if the child lock comes back the board is bad 100% and you can fix it for about $200 the cost of the board or look for a new unit, that is up to you.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

have tried this already. is there some way I can perform a factory reset?
have tried this already. is there some way I can perform a factory reset or something?
hello?
what a scam! Thanks for taking the money and not doing anything.