Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ariston washing machine door locked. It is 10 years and

Customer Question
Ariston washing machine door...

Ariston washing machine door locked

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It is 10 years and yesterday had electric shortage

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to get clithes clothes and i will buy new one

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 2 days by:
11/17/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 8 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

I shall assume it is a Front loader for the moment... if not, please let me know

If the door lock light is illuminated, and the door refuses to open, then the safety switch lock is jammed, damaged or broken

To open it manually, view this VIDEO

To change the switch... HERE

If you wish to buy Parts, please provide your location so I can give you some local options

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.