Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have just had a technician fix out Omega dishwasher and…

Customer Question
We have just had...

We have just had a technician fix out Omega dishwasher and it appears to be washing and generally operating OK but at the end of each wash cycle the error code E8 appears. It was showing this before being fixed and it would appear to need resetting. Can you advise on how to do this please.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Sorry, I was just looking for the manual but don't know what my wife has done with it. All I can confirm is that it is an Omega and I don't know how to run a diagnostic test.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I spoke to the tech and he suggested that I google it to find out how to reset.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He replaced the diverter assembly as it had glass in it which was stopping it from washing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
11/10/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Turn the power off at the mains switch for 60 minutes and the control should discharge and reset. Let me know if it gives you trouble after.

Sorry, can't give a rating until we use the dishwasher again to ascertain if the fix worked.
Ran the dishwasher tonight, no change after leaving it turned off for over 4 hours, it still comes up with the error message of E8.

Then the control still sees an issue with the diverter. Is the cycle completing and are the dishes coming clean, despite the error?

doesn't appear to affect the wash, just reflects the error message everytime.

I think the control has issues then. Was it not cleaning well when the technician replaced the diverter or were you just getting that error then?

No, it wasn't washing at all and it appeared that broken glass had jammed the diverter and possibly even the motor (when he came back to replace the part). It was also giving the same error message when it was not working.

Well, I think the control has problems because the error should have rest with the first cycle after correcting the issue or certainly after the extended power cycle.

Well, back to where we started, thanks for your efforts anyway.

No, you now know you need to replace the control. In any case, take care.