Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

My fridge on my fridge freezer is freezing. About a week.

My fridge on my...

My fridge on my fridge freezer is freezing

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week. Had a new power board put in today but problem still exists

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

10/19/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the make and model number please.

Westinghouse WSE6100WA

If the fridge section is freezing up and the control board has been replaced then its more then likely the air damper inside the fridge is faulty.

As the air damper is motorized and opens up to allow the cold air to enter then closes. Now these can fail and if it fails in the open postion then you get this this fault as too much cold air enters the fridge section.

What you need to do is access the damper inside the fridge at the back and see if this is stuck open. If its iced up just try and defrosted it but if it isnt then its possibley faulty and will need to be replaced.

So check that if you can and see what you find from there.

Daniel I shall get the technician to check this out and get back to you

No worries, Im sure the air damper should cure this fault for you.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel the technician is coming here Tuesday morning so shall advise of the outcome and rate your reply. Thank you
Hi Daniel. The technician called in yesterday and replaced an air baffle. Now it is as good as new. BIG THANKS. Maureen
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician