Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The fridge fan does not work in my Beko GNE V322X fridge

the fridge fan does not work in my Beko GNE V322X fridge freezer
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: make and model above and it is 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have replaced the motor but no resut

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the fan isnt running then the only thing that can cause this is either the fan itself, wiring to the fan or the control board.

So as you have replaced the fan and its still not running then its either the wiring or the control board. Now the wiring on these as you have seen is foamed into the roof as the fan just push into the blocks. So its very rare for the wiring to fail on these.

So this just leave the control board on top. For this the control board will need to be replaced and this should get the fan running again from there for you.

But before replacing the fan just double check the new one with a multi meter if you have one as in the past i have actually had these come faulty so worth checking just in case its a faulty new fan motor.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
what sort of resistance should I get through the motor? both old and new one show open circuit so I was wondering if there is anything special about their construction.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have just fed 240V through the two motors and they are both working.
Where is the board located?
What other check can I do on it before spending money on a new one?
Can a temperature sensor be the problem?
Does the fridge compartment have a separate sensor? if yes, how can I check it?

The fan motors on these are high resistance. So if your getting an open circuit reading then set you meter to a Kohms scale and that will give the readng from there.

As to the sensors, No this wont cause the fan not to run. As if a sensor fails it will actually give an error code on the display anyway so you can rule the sensors out.

Its more then likely the board on this im afraid.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hi Daniel,Where is the board located on my Beko ? Are there any tests I can do on it before replacing it?
As for the washer, I am not sure I know what this is about.

The control board is located on the top of the appliance. look on there and you will see a plastic cover, Remove this and the board is there.

But as its a control board im afraid theres no test you can do on it. Unless you are good at electronics and test on the diodes and resistors on there. We dont go that far into the boards as we just replace them.

As to the washer that was ment to say fridge thats all.