Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My dish washer isn't cleaning the dishes, I have clean all…

Customer Question
My dish washer isn't...

My dish washer isn't cleaning the dishes, I have clean all the arms etc. is there anything else I need to do

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Its a Bosch SMS63 m08 au. how do I do a diagnostic test cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No , if you could give me a few things to check then I can run through them this weekend

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
9/23/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

If the valve is clogged or defective, the dishwasher won't get enough water to clean dishes properly.

If the water inlet valve is clogged, replace it.

Do not attempt to clean the water inlet valve—cleaning the valve could make it more likely to fail.

If the dishwasher is underfilling, it won't clean dishes effectively

Diagnostic Test

• Prepare the dishwasher unit for the test cycle by simultaneously pressing the "Power Scrub Plus" and "Regular Wash" buttons when the dishwasher power button is turned off. Keep holding those two buttons down while then pressing the "On/Off" button as well. Release all three buttons simultaneously. You will see lights on all three buttons flash together to signal that the dishwasher is ready to start the test cycle.
  • Engage the test cycle by pressing the "Power Scrub Plus" and the "Regular Wash" buttons simultaneously, once more. The test will then run on its own and signal if a problem is found.
  • Interpret the lighting of the "Wash" button as a problem with the heater. Interpret a light over the "Rinse/Dry" button as a problem with water filling function, either too much or too little. Ascribe a lit "Clean" button to a fault in the temperature sensor also known as the NTC system.
  • End the test program at any point in the process by pressing down the "On/Off" button just once.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 10 months ago

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report ?

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.