AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Our Miele H4900B oven has no display (it is dark) but when

Customer Question

Hello our Miele H4900B oven has no display (it is dark) but when you turn the knob the light around the knob illimunates and the oven sounds like it is warming up. the only display of the clock symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the lower display. any ideas how to get the display back? Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years old Model is the Oven H 4900 B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, i will try if it is something I can fix locally
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, i don't think so- we may have had a power outage recently
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to replace the oven control board.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 17 days ago.

I see this question is still open, do you need more help? Please rate me a 5 star with the star chart at the top of your page so that I am paid for helping you Thanks!