Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

We have an Ariston Avxl105 front lod washing machine. Over

the weekend we experienced several...
We have an Ariston Avxl105 front lod washing machine. Over the weekend we experienced several power fluctuations an d no we don't seem to be able to get the machine to start .the rapid light and 4 and 6 hr lights are lit despite nothing having been selected and they won't switch off. The power and lock switches are not engaging. Have turned it off at the wall for a couple of hours, unlugged, but still no luck. Is this a terminal problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Only started on Monday morning, it is now Wednesday morning. I'm in new Zealand.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If there is a reset switch yes, but otherwise we will have to get someone in, but we live quite a way out of town.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Unlike most home we have three phase power coming into the house and at the same time as the power fluctuations occurred we lost one phase and the power company had to come out and replace a fuse on the transformer, at the power pole.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you look at the row of lights thats flashing. If you number them from top to the bottom with 1 at the top which number lights are flashing?

There two rows of lights in the left hand column lights 2 and 3 are constantly lit, not flashing. In the right hand column light number 4 (rapid) stays lit ( not flashing) even though I have not selected it. If I try and turn it of by pressing on it, it briefly flashes and then goes back to constant solid light.

Ok so if they are just lit and not flashing then this isnt an error code.

If unplugging it and leaving it for a few hours hasnt cured it then im afraid its looking like the front control board itself is the fault here.

What you can try is pull the washer out and unplug it.

Then remove the top panel.

Now you can see behind the front console panel.

There you will see the wiring going to the front board.

Remove this and reconnect it a few times as this can make a better connection/

Then retry it and see how it goes from there.

But if its still the same then im afraid the front control board will be the fault and will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid.

Thanks. My brother is an electrical engineer so I win get him to do that for me.

Your welcome. Hopefully you can sort it from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician