Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My euromaid microwave MCG25TK light and dish turns but does…

Customer Question
My euromaid microwave MCG25TK...

My euromaid microwave MCG25TK light and dish turns but does turn on properly so we can cook..

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Euromaid MCG25TK 12 to 18 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you press the start button it only turns the light on and the dish rotates slowwly

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Its now been 20 minutes paid money and no answer
Answered in 1 day by:
9/17/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Anytime a microwave runs but does not heat means that the magnetron ( Its purpose is to generate microwave energy. The high-voltage components accomplish this by stepping up AC line voltage to high voltage, which is then changed to an even higher DC voltage. This DC power is then converted to the RF energy that cooks the food.)

has failed and will have to be replaced. This is a dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when power is not being supplied to the unit, so it is highly recommended that only a qualified technician make this repair. The magnetron and also the diode that will need to be replaced usually run in the range of 140.00 -300.00 just in parts if you would still like to attempt this repair yourself let me know and I will see if I can find you the replacement parts, thanks.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

AU Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a second to rate my assistance, thank you.