Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Two problems. Firstly the screen is displaying messages in…

Customer Question
Two problems. Firstly the...

Two problems. Firstly the screen is displaying messages in Italian. Second I can't disable the child lock. I have tried holding various buttons down for 5 to 10 seconds with no success

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Bosch Logixx8 sensitive

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

To the extent possible. I am not a technician but usually try before calling for help

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I think that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
9/16/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

Do you have the exact Model # please ?
In the meantime you can try...

Press and release the option button (arrow left or arrow right) until you get the language selection menu.

Then, press the - or + button to change the language.

The buttons are the 2 on the left and 2 on the right of the display.

For Child Lock, here is a VIDEO

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

The display screen was frozen so pressing the option buttons did not help. Some online help forums suggested holding the arrow buttons for 5-10 sec and others suggested holding the Start button for 5-10 sec. That did not help either. The main problem I think was that the child lock was activated. I tried turning the machine off at the wall for a few minutes and then pressing buttons, that did not help either. The video did not answer my particular question, which in the first instance was to disable the child lock. Finally my son found a forum that suggested trying to hold the buttons while the dial was turned to the Spin cycle. That allowed us in the first instance to disable the child lock, by holding the arrow for 5 sec, then we could change the language.
The problem is now resolved. Thanks