Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I'm trying to help a friend get her oven going. It's a

Customer Question
Hi. I'm trying to...

Hi. I'm trying to help a friend get her oven going. It's a Blanco gas hob x 5 burner with electric oven. The oven won't turn on. There is a lock symbol in the electronic display and the time is blinking

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About two years old. Gosh, I don't know where to look for the model etc.. there isn't anything obvious

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Lol, yes. And do some baking with any luck.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We suspect a child has played with electronic display 'buttons' . That and maybe a power cut occurred.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
9/16/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

"The model number is ***** on the compliance plate, which depending on the age of the unit is either on door when opened (at bottom) or on the back of the unit"

Most likely below the door hinge

Generally speaking.... Hold the Time & Temp knob for about 3 seconds to lock/unlock the door manually.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.