Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a samsung side by side fridge freezer which is not

Hello
I have a samsung side by side fridge freezer which is not cooling since we moved yesterday

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Do you have the model number please.

Also when you moved it did you plug it in stright away or leave to stand before plugging it back in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
SRS600HNP
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The removalists plugged it in straight away. It wasn't cooling so unplugged gor 3 hrs this morning
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was unplugged 4 hrs prior to them removing it. I was advised that they have to be unplugged for a while after moving as the gasses need to settle, is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello

Ok if they plugged it in stright away then what can happens is the oil from the compressor gets pumed into the system and causes problems in there.

What they should have done is left it for about 4 hours to let it settle and this stops it from blocking up.

What you can try is unplug it and leave it 24 hours and see if the oil seeps back down into the compressor as clear the system.

Then see how it goes from there.

But if still the same then is looking like the system is blocked, Now this is a job for a fridge engineer as they will need to vac the system out to clear the blockage and then regass it from there.

So try the 24 hour off and see if this cures it but if not then im afraid its a system blockage which will need a fridge engineer to clear im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay Daniel I will try turning off for 24 hrs

Fingers crossed this cures and its settles itself down.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hope so. Thank you.

Your welcome.