Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Error 49 fp, 15 years old, depends, thats it i think

Customer Question
Error 49 fp Contractor's...

Error 49 fp

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats it i think

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
9/15/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am Martyn, here in Australia. The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Admin will address any broader concerns and questions about billing and site use, we are just here to assist with the Tech side and the specific Q&A

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time, money and the threat of unwanted repercussions.

This is probably something for a Service Tech unfortunately, access to parts is limited to trained staff. Consumer home fix is discouraged as diagnosis without training and test equipment may be less than satisfactory, and insurance issues led suppliers to limit availability to protect themselves from court cases... the modern world :(

From the Service Schedule notes..

Fisher Paykel Top-Load Washer Error Codes = Numbers 21, 26, 27, 49, 50, or 246.
Error Fault ConditionWater Inlet Valve Fault.
Repair or Check – Unplug the washer from power. Reconnect any non secure wires on the water inlet valve. Replace the wire harness if it is found to be damaged. If the wiring is okay then measure the resistance of the water inlet valves using an ohm meter. If the resistance of each water inlet valve solenoid is not 60 to 62 ohms then replace the complete water inlet valve assembly.
Parts for Replacement – Water Inlet Valve Assembly or Wire Harness.

I do not suggest these remedies are necessarily something you will be able to check yourself... it is really for a decent Tech to run the list...in line with the Service Manual Checklist and Troubleshooting

This is a highly complex and expensive piece of equipment and deserves to be treated as such past a point of general, basic routine care and cleaning.

Let me know how you get on

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.