Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a bosch dishwasher at the moment everytime I switch

Customer Question

I have a bosch dishwasher at the moment everytime I switch it on it starts up and then trips the power switch. I have only had this dishwasher for 3 years if that just wondering what is the matter with it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We have had it 3 years and I got all of these numbers of the back of dishwasher hope they help sms60m1bau,6394298,65/96 (31)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still haven't received an answer to my question this afternoon cheers linda
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If the dishwasher is tripping the electrics out then the most common cause of this is either the wash heater or the wash motor. These are the 2 most common things inside these that causes this fault.

What you need to do if you are loking at doing this yourself is pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel.

From there you will be able to see the wash motor and the heater.

Make sure its unplugged and then disconnect the wires on the heater.

Then turn it back on and see if it runs with tripping . If it does then the heater is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if its still tripping with the heater disconnected then do the same to the wash motor and see how it goes from there.

Check that and see how it goes. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards