Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Panasonic convection microwave oven Model

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic convection microwave oven Model NN-DS592B. Even though I use the built in steam clean process, over time there is a buildup of staining on the inside. I want to know what I can clean it with without damaging the catalytic converter.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: As I said Panasonic Convection Microwave Model NN-DS592B about 7 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I have already said, I have used the steam cleaning process built in to the product.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Place 1/4 cup of vinegar, 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda or two halves of a lemon in a microwave-safe bowl. Choose one of the three options, not all three at once. Add 1 cup of water.

2. Microwave the bowl on high for five minutes or until the water is at a rolling boil. Keep the door closed for another 10 minutes while the water cools to a manageable temperature.

3. Open the microwave door. Remove the bowl and the rotating tray, if the microwave has one. Wipe out the inside of the appliance with a clean cloth. The steam from the bowl should have softened burnt-on food particles and lifted stains, and they should wipe off easily.

4. Look at the stains. If they are still visible, wet a cloth with the solution in the bowl, and scrub the stains with it gently.

5. Add water slowly to 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste if stains remain. Spread the paste on the stains, and let it sit for four minutes. Wipe the paste off with a damp cloth.

6. Check the stains again. If you can still see them, open windows for ventilation, and put on rubber gloves. Wet a clean cloth with acetone. Scrub the stains with the cloth until they disappear.

7. Mix dish soap into some warm water. Dip a clean cloth into the solution, and use it to wash the baking soda and acetone out of the microwave. Rinse the inside with clean water, and dry it with a dry cloth. Return the rotating tray to the microwave.