Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a bosch avantixx washing machine and can't remove the

I have a bosch avantixx washing machine and can't remove the pump cover. Any advice would be appreciated
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bosch ecosilence drive vario perfect. About 4 hyears old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
HiCan you post the model number please.Also are you able to turn the filter a little bit or is it completely jammed?Regards
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The model no is WAS28461AU 7.5kg washer. I can only turn the cap one quarter turn and then it stops.

Ok if you can only turn it a 1/4 turn then something is stuck in there.

What you need to do is hold the filter with a pair and pilers and then quickley loosen the filter and tigthen it up quickely as this can dislodge what ever it is in there.

But if that doesnt work then you need to remove the front panel of the washer and remove the drain pump.

Then from there you can remove what ever it is stuck in there.

So try the above and see how it goes from there and let me know.