Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

I have a Fisher and Paykel front loader machine. I would

Customer Question
Hello I have a Fisher...
Hello I have a Fisher and Paykel front loader machine. I would like to be able to spin dry hand washed clothes such as woollen jumpers. I can't seem to do this without the rinse cycle going as well. Can you advise how I just spin the clothes and nothing else, please?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have been trying on and off for a few eeks.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I thought it might just be a matter of turning the dial to whatever is required. I could not do any mechanical work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sorry I can't see the model number on it but have had it for a couple of years.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
8/17/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

Can you please look inside the door for the Serial Number and let me know, it will make things far easier to check

Do you have a Manual for this ?

Hello I am not sure which is the serial number but found the following: WH70F 60W1, 8372HT2200-2350 W, (###) ###-####I can't find the manual unfortunately.
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

Great, thanks
Please give me a moment to do some background and I'll be back shortly.

AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

OK, so this is a Model WH70F 60W1

Please find attached the User Manual for your reference

We have a F&P Washer that we can simply punch buttons to do as we wish... start at any section, adjust and etc

pp12-15 of the manual suggests that this is likely with your model

Have you tried just starting from the spin ?

If it will not, and actually is not able to do this, a workaround would likely be a short Rinse with Spin to finish

Gentle Spin is recommended for woollens of course

Let me know the results and we can see what to do next
I hope I’ve been able to provide you with the information you were seeking.
If you are happy with my service, please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off so I get credit for helping you, before we finish up here, thanks.
Need more help about this issue ? Please just let me know

AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

I will be offline for around an hour as I need to do a few things around town now, so please just get back when you are able

I am in NSW, so it is only early afternoon here

We are not on staff here, just a global network of folk who like to help people help themselves in our free time...many of us are also running businesses as well !

Hi Martyn I have been trying to download the manual but the circle is just twirling endlessly. I have tried turning it on to Hand wash "spin". Once the "no spin" light came up and the indicator moved to drain for 2 minutes but at the end there was some water in the garment. I tried again moving it to spin and it did not move. I am worried that if I put it on rinse first, I would not know what temperature the rinse water is. The 1200 light and 23 minutes light up.
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

OK, seems a little strange to disable a very useful function, perhaps this is a "feature" of front loaders that is not actually discussed in any literature

If you can bear the thought... try a towel wash on the rinse and spin and monitor immediately it is finished to determine whether hot rinse, although a cold water wash cycle ought to bypass the hot input completely

I shall get in touch with F&P for clarification and get back to you when I hear back, they are generally on a 24-48hr response cycle, so please be patient

Thanks I will try doing that.
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

Just before we leave today... just thought you may want dry jumpers B4 we get a definitive answer...!!
There is a good Tutorial HERE

Basically, gently squeeze, roll in towel and flat dry on a Wire rack between chairs or a foldable rail, like grandma used to do...

Martyn I did try it and it was cold when it finished. However, even though it spun, it ended up having water in the material at the last "drain" part of the cycle.
Martyn can you advise how much this information is going to cost me, please? Also what the cost is for? I do not wish to subscribe as this is a one off question. Please advise me what the situation is.
Thank you.
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

The $$ thing is not something we have anything to do with, so I shall have to ask the Admin in California to get in touch with you

We just have a list of questions to respond to as and when we are available

I can't rate the service as I have not had a reply about my washing machine.
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

Probably an automated notice... we will need to wait until early next week for F&P to reply, no rush

AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 3 months ago

This came this morning from F&P Support...

"Message: Is it at all possible to run just a Spin Cycle on this Model please... wish to spin handwashed delicates and woollens on a Delicate Spin OR... Cold Rinse and Spin as an alternative ?? Thx

Yes, turn dial to spin and press start or turn dial to rinse and spin and press start. Machine only rinses in cold."

Let me know what you think... seems we tried this before ?

Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd