Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Australian model E442B Fisher and Paykel fridge.

I have an Australian model E442B Fisher and Paykel fridge. How do I defrost the freezer compartment? There is a buildup of ice in the back top left corner which has popped the inside plastic cover off.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Fisher and Paykel. E442B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i only want to defrost it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. How much is this likely to cost in total?

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you want to defrost the freezer then what you need to do is empty the freezer section.

Then from there you will see the back panel inside the freezer.

You need to hold this at the bottom and just pull it off as its just a push fit cover so theres no screws holding it on.

Once that panels off you can then use a hairdyer and defrost the evaporator from there.

Hope this helps you.

Regards