Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Conversion of a meters no.11 gas stove from natural gas to…

Customer Question
Conversion of a meters no.11...
Conversion of a meters no.11 gas stove from natural gas to lpg, are parts available.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
8/4/2017
AU Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 11 months ago
md20/20

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

AU Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 11 months ago

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

It is a meters no.11 manufactured in 1926-35. No stickers in that era!
AU Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 11 months ago

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

AU Appliance Technician: McgiverSR,
 replied 11 months ago
McgiverSR

Hi that sounds like a very old stove,i can give you some advice on the changeover from natural to lp gas, natural gas operates at 3.5 inches of water column with regulators upstream where the pressure in a home is usually between 6 and 10 inches of water, where as lp operates at a higher pressure 10.5 to 11 inches wc,the orifice for the natural gas burner will be larger because of the lower pressure ,and the lp orifice will be noticeable smaller i suggest that you remove the orifice and take it to an appliance parts store and have them match it up for lp,as for the regulators on converting from natural to lp they are usually blocked open since the regulating of pressure on lp is done at the tank for homes and doesnt need to be adjusted ,determine if your stove has a gas regulator on it, its usually part of the gas valve on newer appliances, i am unsure of yours ,the parts to block open the regulator is nothing more than a small spring and a small pin inserted into the adjusting screw of the natural gas regulator, i hope this helps you