Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Both lambs have stopped working on my extractor hood; I have…

Customer Question
Hi, Both lambs have...

Hi, Both lambs have stopped working on my extractor hood; I have replaced both bulbs but the old ones don't look blown? The new bulbs are in place and the lights still don't work?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple of days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No idea???

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
8/3/2017
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd

You can test the suspect bulbs in a different socket if you have one of the same size... SES I expect... or with a multimeter set to Ohms

It may well be the switch if the lamps are good

the bulbs are good both the existing and the new replacement ones I have checked them all. The fan still works OK
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 11 months ago

If the switch is multiway,... lamps with/out fan, then the switch is the likely candidate.... are you able to use a multimeter ?
This is LETHAL current, so ensure it is disconnected !

Ok. I have got an Omega Engineer coming out. As sadly your suggestions were taking me know where. I do hope that this was down as a "free trial" for these services??
AU Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd,
 replied 11 months ago

I did ask whether you were able to test with a multimeter and you did not reply.

The switch is likely to be faulty and this needs to be tested on site, if not by you, then by a suitably trained technician.

I did try to assist as best as I can from across the world. Some things need more than others to identify, and sometimes it is beyond a home fix.

I would be interested to hear what the Tech does find if you have a moment.

Regards

M