Dino
Dino, service engineer
Experience:  service technican at elite appliance care
99390383

Belling Sterling Induction cooker is displaying error code

Customer Question

Belling Sterling Induction cooker is displaying error code E2. The two rear cooking surfaces where this error is coming up were not in use and are rarely used at all.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: purchased 2014. No error messages for the induction cooktop before
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe, if I an fix myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Dino replied 3 months ago.

Hi

E2 error code is a over heat temperature fault.

Have you tried to power the appliance off for 20 minutes to see if it clears the code?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did that several times. turned the whole thing off at the power board. contacted the manufacturer and they said that I have to replace the whole induction top.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Another two induction plates are now showing the error and they were not in use at the time either
Expert:  Dino replied 3 months ago.

Ok im afraid its looking like the power boards in there are the fault here. Now there isn't much in an induction cooktop as you have 4 magnetic plates and the power boards. Now the plates never fail as its always the power boards that fail.

So im afraid its looking like the power boards are faulty here. Now if they say it need a new induction top then it must come as a complete unit so this isn't going to be a cheap fix here im afraid.