Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore refrigerator model no.363. 9714585 the

Customer Question

I have a kenmore refrigerator model no.363.(###) ###-####the first trouble was it started to defrost and I found that the fan was not turning and I cleand it and it worked fine for about 2 weeks and started to defrost again,I unpluged it andleft it open for about 4 days .I pluged it back up and it worked perfect for about 2 weeks and it started to defrost again .Can you give me an idea of the problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: aprox.4weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Before it starts to defrost it get frost on the bottom back wall of the freezer
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the coils continue to frost up, either the defrost heater has failed or the defrost thermostat is bad. The defrost heater runs along the bottom of the silver evaporator coils and the defrost thermostat is a 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. You'll need a multimeter to test continuity through both parts. If either part does NOT have continuity, it needs to be replaced. Below is a link to both parts.

CLICK HERE for defrost heater

CLICK HERE for defrost thermostat

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?