Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

What makes a ceramic cooktop westinghouse fail to regulate

heat. Sometimes the hotplates will...
What makes a ceramic cooktop westinghouse fail to regulate heat. Sometimes the hotplates will hardly warm up. Other times they will go full heat, even on low setting.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: On and of, a couple of years. Gotten bad over the last few months. When they first played up, by switching off, then to high and slowly roll back to the desired setting seemed to work.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am not an electrician, but my son-in-law is. First I need to know if I repair or replace.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have always had trouble with the oven light blowing bulbs. They don't last long at all. Never have.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PAJ509RC*19. I am waiting for the retailer to get back to me with the purchase date, but it will be out of warranty.
7/13/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The switches you turn to adjust the heat are failing. The contacts inside are going bad and the switch will need to be replaced for every burner that is not reliably controllable.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

I did try to send you a thank you message. Perhaps I did it wrong. If you did not get the message, thank you again for your advice. Much appreciated.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician