Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have Samsung microwave/convection combination oven, It

Customer Question

HELLO
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have Samsung microwave/convection combination oven
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It will only operate in the microwave function for only about 3 minutes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: CE117PAECX is the model I bought second hand a few weeks ago maybe it operator problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do not have the instruction manual
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

If it is shutting down within a short time (3 minutes) the cooling fan is likely not cooling the magnetron and it is shutting off on a thermal switch. When you start a cook cycle, do you hear the cooling fan run? What happens when it shuts down, does it go dark or what exactly happens?