Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Gorenje senso-care, 8kg capacity washing machine. I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Gorenje senso-care, 8kg capacity washing machine. I put a heavy load of towels and bathmats in the machine yesterday, and it has not been able to complete the cycle and open the door. I have tried several different settings and it completes half a wash, then starts flashing E7 and stops working. Can you tell me how to repair this?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is less than 1 year old. It is a Gorenje senso-care, not sure of model but an 8kgs capacity, red in colour, front loader.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is an easy fix. Its not broken, just seems to be jammed, and unable to finish the wash cycle.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it for now, thanks,
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So your model number should be located on the inside of the door. Can you try checking there for me please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I can't open the door at the moment, the machine was half way through a wash when it jammed up, and is stuck in the locked position.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

ok can you possibly put it on the drain/spin cycle to see if that will drain the remaining amount of water and get the door lock to release.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ive tried that. It starts the srain/spin cycle, so obviously not completely broken, but will not complete the cycle.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Ok is this a front load unit? If its not draining out the water its because there is a clog either in the drain lines or the drain pump. Since I do not know what unit you have for sure do you happen to see a drain release plug. more than likely will be hidden behind a small square panel some where in the front. If not we are going to need to remove the kick plate or top to manually unlock the unit. You will need to make sure to have towels down in case any water gets out on the floor.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have to check the washing machine when I get home, as I'm at work. I will have a look for the drain release plug. Would I need to put towels down to open the drain release plug? Do you have any information about what the flashing E7 means on the digital screen of the machine?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

E7

Temperature sensor detected as open circuit

• Check water heating sensor wiring
  • Check temperature sensor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks, I'm going to check this at home tonight. Can I continue this conversation tomorrow?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in with you to see how its going?