Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Ge tfg20jaww fridge freezer .freezer compartment only

Customer Question

ge tfg20jaww fridge freezer .freezer compartment only getting down to -10 deg' causing fridge to run continuously thinking it may be faulty thermostat could this be the problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 12 months only realised this could be the problem after large power bill.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if not to difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thats it.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it is running all the time and not cooling well, you likely have a low refrigerant level in the sealed refrigeration system. If you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer, is the aluminum evaporator coil frosted from top to bottom or only in one small area?