AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My Miele washing machine pump is running continuously, Less

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My Miele washing machine pump is running continuously
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than 2 years. Miele 5965
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Perhaps...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I have cleaned the inlet filters. Also cleaned the drain/pump filter
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

This would either be the pressure switch faulty or the main control board.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I resolve?

I would replace the pressure switch first since its the least expensive, if still the same then the control board needs replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this something I can do myself? Is there a way to reset the control board?

Yes you can do yourself and parts will come with instructions. The only way to reset the board is to unplug the unit for 15 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could resetting the control board resolve the issue or is this unlikely? Where do I buy the parts from?

It is possible to reset and resolve, yes. You can get the parts from espares.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try to reset by unplugging for 15 minutes. Does the machine need to be on when I unplug it? By unplug presumably you mean literally unplug the electrical socket from the wall?

No, it does not need to be on. Yes unplug from the wall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Resetting did not work...

Then you need to replace the pressure switch and/or the control board to fix this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears a special key is required for the screws to open the top of the washer?

It should be torx screws.

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help?

Please remember to use the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.