Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Paykel and Fisher DD603. Must be an older model as

Customer Question

I have a Paykel and Fisher DD603. Must be an older model as there is no LCD display. How do I diagnose?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started yesterday. Unit stopped draining then couldn't shut unit off. Had to turn off breaker
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Nope
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Dunno yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have checked interior for clogs to filter and drains and all clear.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That would mean that water is detected in the flood basin under the lower drawer. You need to pull the drawer out and check for water there. Dry it all up including the water sensor and then try it. Watch this video to do that

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have tried removing the bottom drawer but there are 2 hoses and an electrical cable attached.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wait...I just paid $40 for a link to a YouTube video I have already seen?