Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a fisher and paykel RF610A fridge, the left door

Customer Question

i have a fisher and paykel RF610A fridge, the left door where the magnet is does not go up enough to close it, the spring does not seem to be strong enough to push it up....
any solution that I can use? thanks in advance
antonio
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The most likely to be causing the issue you are having is a problem with the lower door hinge. That hinge supports the bulk of the door weight. Does it appear to be intact and not bent or "tweaked" at all? Can you post a picture of that area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Kelly, my mistake, did not mean to deceive you, what i mean is that on the left door is a vertical bar that hinges in and out when you close or open the door. At the bottom of that bar there is a spring that i believe it is supposed to push that bar up.
If that spring is not strong enough???? to push that bar up when the door is closed that bar does not let the door close. That is the problem. Any suggestions??? Once again sorry Kelly and hope that you can help me with this annoying problem.
Many thanks in advance
best regards
antonio