Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

Gidday from the East Side of the Deetch! My Paprika 350,

Customer Question
Gidday from the East Side...
Gidday from the East Side of the Deetch ! My Paprika 350, will turn it's oven "On" , at a whim ! EVEN when the Hand (Manual) Icon is in the window, and the Control knob at 'top dead centre'="Off". I operate it like this :- If the stove comes 'on' when it ain't supposed to, I twirl the Start Time knob round and round , clockwise till the Oven light goes off. To be sure, so's it doesn't switch itself "on" at night , and burn the House to the ground, I switch "Off" at the wall before going to bed. I am dead scared of forgetting to do this ! I would like to disconnect the whole part of the Circuit which operates the " Automatic "Function, clock included, so that the Stove only works on Manual.Looking forward to your comments.Bruce.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sure ! The Model is "Paprika 350" , and was bought (alledgedly!) new , in 2004.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I know that stricktly speaking , I am not allowed to. I do have a heap of Engineering and general Tech Knowledge, having been in the Merchant Navy , and later a carpenter/Kitchen Installer. I know it would probably mean disconnecting one or possibly two wires...but the Circuit Diagram , inside the rear cover , is so small I can't really make sense of it ! With my wife in Care, and me having to find NZ$1000 a week for that , I just can't afford to call in a Tech.B
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing comes to mind Pearl...B
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
6/22/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Are you able to post a picture of the wiring diagram inside the oven?

AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician