Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a fisher & paykel top loading washing machine approx

Customer Question

I have a fisher & paykel top loading washing machine approx 6 years old (6 or 7 kg load capacity).
It stops at the spin cycle after rinsing because lid lock fails to engage.
Is their an easy solution?
Thanks,
Mandurah
Western Australia
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If it is failing to engage the lid lock is likely bad a lot of them go bad on that unit, so if you are getting a lid lock failure and that is happening I would put a new lid lock in the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the fastest way to get a new lid lock.
Is their a fisher & Paykel agent near Mandurah WA 6210

Go to this link and I would order or get it here

CLICK HERE